Monday, June 12, 2006

Splendid!

I've had no fucking clue what to name my next project. Seeing as it's all recorded and being mixed now I figured I'd better come up with something. I wanted 2 be different and not name it after one of the songs, but to take a phrase from one of the lyrics on it or an overall feeling and it call it that. I came up with several ideas like:

Look We Can Touch the Sky - I liked it at first but then it started 2 sound like a folk record. Yuk.

Taboo - Not catchy enough, plus the name of a dance song I wrote years ago. Doesn't fit the "vibe" either.

Looking at Stars - yeah, who gives a fuck.

I Wanna Be Beautiful 2 U - 2 long and it makes me think of James Blunt. Though the "blunt" reference could tie in 2 the "grass" reference in that particular song, but that's reeeeally stretching it.

Taste the Illusion - a rainbow of flavor, Skittles! Um, no, I don't think so.

My Love Is Good - reminds me of Whitney's "You Give Good Love" ... Crack is Whack.

What is Your Affliction? - nope, doesn't quite work, though I may retitle one of the songs that.

Forget Your ABCs - Nope, I don't want 2 be accused of promoting illiteracy.

I Just Want U 2 ... --- hmmm, that theme works with every song on it, but it has no magic. Sucks ass! I suck!

So, back to the drawing board. I was ready to just call it "Splendor" after the first song (I had always thought about "Splendor in the Grass", but yeah, that's been done, several times I'm sure.) Then it hit me. And I liked it. I don't know if anyone else will dig it or not, but 4 right now, 4 this moment in which I really don't have much else 2 do ... it's working 4 me. Here it is:

"The Splendid EP"

4 anyone not in the know, EP simply means a short record, it's not a full length. Some EPs have been known to actually have "EP" in the title, unless I dreamt that up. Whatever. I like it.

Yeah, I'll hate it tomorrow.

"I think you're beautiful, I think you're splendid! It was remarkable, just being kids again." - Saturn, Splendor

Check out Saturn on I-Tunes!

Get Saturn's CDs at CDBaby!

Check out Saturn on MySpace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home